Monday, May 08, 2006

Personal Sanctuary

Last year I hit a royal flush on a video poker machine in Vegas for at little over $1300.00. I banked most of it, but decided to splurge a little bit on myself. So I bought a set of those Bose noise-cancelling headphones since I spend so much time on airplanes.

Until today, I still thought that a couple hundred bucks for a set of headphones was a pretty steep price. But after sitting in front of a hypersonically screaming little boy who was NOT pleased about leaving Disney and whose two parents threatened him at an even higher volume that he would never see Mickey Mouse again if he didn't SHUT THE HELL UP, I could have sold as many sets as I could pass out for five hundred bucks a pop.

Ahh...the sounds of silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home