Monday, August 07, 2006

Overheard at El Mariachi on Thompson Lane on Sunday Night

The scene:

Two guys in their mid 20's. Tank tops and baseball caps. Sharing a pitcher of beer and eating chips and salsa. Both screaming into cell phones to their respective girlfriends.

#1 No, we're gonna go see Ricky Bobby!
#2 We're at El Mariachi.
#1 Naw, the movie! The Talledega movie!
#2 No, not Hooters. El Mariachi. On Nolensville Rd.
#1 (Thompson Lane.) The Will Ferrell movie.
#2 I mean Thompson Lane. We're eating chips and going to see a movie.
#1 The funny one you said you didn't want to go see.
#2 I swear we're not at Hooters!
#1 Naw, Pamela. We're not at Hooters! That was just Jimmy Wayne telling Lurleen we're not at Hooters. We're at the Mariachi.
#2 I know you heard Bo talking about Hooters. He was just telling Pamela we ain't there.
#1 We're eatin' Mezican. Not wings! There's no wimmen here!
#2 Now why would I tell you we were at the Mariachi if we were at Hooters?! I'd just tell you we were at Hooters if we were at Hooters.
#1 Yeah, that's Bo talking about Hooters...but we ain't there. (Stage whisper) Shut the hell up, Bo!
#2 Hell, I MET you at a Hooters. Why the hell would I be afraid to tell you we're at Hooters?!
#1 OK, baby. We're just gonna go to the movie and come right home. Uh-huh. I love you too.
#2 I ain't got no more time to listen to your fool ass. We're going to the movie!
#1 All right. Bye.
#2 We'll talk about this when I get home! Don't forget to feed my dogs!
#1 She pissed?
#2 Fugger. Let's go to Hooters.
#1 Pablo?! El checko!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

If her real name was Lurleen, I'm going to piss myself.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Hooters is spiritual for some folks.
Not me, but I hear for some folks it's orgasmic.

11:05 PM  
Blogger ceeelcee said...

Newscoma, I believe the proper grammar is "Hooters ARE spritual for some folks."

Jeez, I'd expect better from a newspaper editor...

8^)

7:55 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

#2 Hell, I MET you at a Hooters. Why the hell would I be afraid to tell you we're at Hooters?!

Mom? Dad?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have the urge to lean over and say loudly, "Welcome to Hooters! How many are in your party?"

6:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

Do you know... I've never once been to Hooters. Not once. Gosh.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, Kate wins for best idea. Really, they would have deserved it. Of course, we couldn't know that til they got off the phone.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home