Monday, October 30, 2006

In Honor of Halloween

Here are three of the scariest graves in the cemetaries near our cabin in Sewanee.

Yup, that's a deer decoy with a Vols visor hanging off the antlers standing in the middle of the grave plot. Billy Joe wore his allegiences on his camoflauged sleeve.

Speaking of Vols fans, Mr. Crisp has passed away before his wife. But she made sure that her Braves made it on her half of the tombstone while he was still paying for it.

This one doesn't need a lot of commentary. Those are indeed shotglasses, Bud Light coasters, beer bottles, airport Hiram Walker bottles and stuffed dogs and squirrels adorning the Confederabilia. [Insert Duke Boys joke here.]

6 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

I LOVE THIS.
Thank you, thank you.
We've been showing the moonshiner that is proudly RQ's cell phone screensaver.
Happy Halloween.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some Sista trivia....my father's real first name was...Hiram. Hiram Abiff. Sounds like the son of a Mason, don't it?

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are priceless! How I miss the South! I'll be linking to this, if you don't mind!

sarasue.com

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Billy Joe was only 17!!!! I hope his untimely death was not preceded by the comment "Hey y'all, watch this"...geez...17.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Billy Joe was only 17!!!! I hope his untimely death was not preceded by the comment "Hey y'all, watch this"...geez...17.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

I would live at this graveyard. It would be a hoot.
They need to shoot a movie here.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home