Thursday, August 10, 2006

Where I Officially Become the Laziest Blogger EVER

I've whined more than once about my cramping right hand and index finger. (I'll head you off at the pass, Knuck. I do alternate hands every now and then.)

I'm pretty much of a pick-n-peck typist, and 75% of the work falls on that one finger. And my laptop at home has a trackpad that only works well when used by that poor digit. So despite my efforts to do stuff like elevate my keyboard, move the mouse to the left side and improve my posture, my right hand, wrist and forearm ache pretty much all the time.

In a further attempt to improve my quality of life, I am making the following bold gesture. I will not type any more unnecessary letters that don't change the meaning of words.

No, that doesn't mean that I'm going to convert to the vernacular of a twelve-year old girl texting her girlfriends. Besides, there's so many parents' guides to text abbreviations out there, you can hardly get away with anything any more.

What it does mean is that I will no longer refer to a portly man as "rotund." That sumbitch is "round."

Rex L. Camino will not be "amicable." He is now "amiable."

Aunt B.'s car
is no longer "inflammable." It is merely "flammable."

"Irrespective" and "irrational" do not mean the same thing as "respective" or "rational," but I shall not use them in blogging context ever again.

"Irregardless" is not a word. The use of it acts as a de facto IQ test, IMHO.

Oops.

I feel better already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy T. said...

Irregardless of what you say... no seriously. I usually laugh at people when they say irregardless. I also don't like to hear "and what not." Argh! Why cain't people learn to speak good mumbo jumbo, anyhoo?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Youcouldalsojustdoawaywiththeuseofthespacebar.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home