Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tres Cosas

THREE THINGS

Scare me: yellowjackets, Alzheimer's, loved ones in danger

People who make me laugh: David Sedaris, Richard Pryor, Short and Rex and Fat and Camino (I think they're two halves of the same coin).

I love: RUABelle, our pets, the snooze button

I hate: I try really hard not to hate anything or anybody. UC Berkeley, USC and UT Vol football fans are as close as I'll allow myself.

I don't understand: Organic Chemistry (it made a History major out of me), what makes women cry, why I like to do Sudoku puzzles.

Things on my desk: Purell hand sanitizer, an empty coffee travel mug, a red Swingline stapler

I'm doing right now: trying to catch up from missing a day of work last week, wishing the office cleaning fairies would visit while I'm at home tonight, anticipating a really good dinner with RUABelle and a vendor tonight at Nick and Rudy's.

I want to do before I die: spend another month in Brazil, hang-glide, make a difference in a child's life.

I can do: juggle, make a joke about almost anything, comfort.

I can't do: make myself care about my job anymore, walk across a narrow path in a high place, fight this feeling anymore (sorry, REO Speedwagon occasionally lives in my medulla).

I think you should listen to: Los Lobos, Prince, Mozart.

You should NEVER listen to: Any band where the haircut is more important than the music, Dick Vitale, any member of The Staggering Prophets when making a wager.

I'd like to learn: to play the piano, how to ride a bike without getting exhausted, how to pick locks.

Favorite foods: my smoked pork tenderloin, ice cream, bacon.

Beverages I drink regularly: water, Miller Lite, wine

Shows I watched as a kid: whatever the cursive handwriting show was on Channel 8 with the really hot young brunette teacher with the utterly calming sonorific voice, Three Stooges with my dad, James at 15.

Tagging: Nobody. I'm with Sarcastro. Stop the insanity!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like the cursive writing lady's name was Brenda and she was not hot. You probably thought Lady Aberlin was hot, too...or is it Lady Elaine?

5:34 PM  
Blogger bridgett said...

I'm finally learning how to play piano and it's very satisfying. Highly recommended, along with the bit about the kid, especially if the job's not doing it for you any more.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

Yes to Mozart. Yes to learning how to pick locks. :) AND you can make a difference in my child's life by providing her a scholarship to medical school! ha.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REO Speedwagon living in your medulla... I think you can get a shot for that. There's the Metallica A vaccine, the Megadeth B, the Guns 'N Roses vaccine, many more. All sure to dispose of your inner Kevin Cronin for once and for all!

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ungrateful punk! :) Tis the Season for reindeer games!
.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home