Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sad in Vegas

I was going to write my regularly snarky post about all the wacky people RUABelle and I encountered last night in Sin City. But then Sista Smiff let me know about Busy Mom's mom, so I think the smart-alecness should wait a day or so.

I lost my father after a long battle with Parkinson's last year, so I have great empathy with what B Mo has been going through. I am comforted (and I hope she is too) by the fact that the great folks at Alive Hospice were there to aid with the transition to a more peaceful and painless place.

Busy Mom, I don't have your email address with me on this trip, but if you stumble across this post please know that I'm thinking of you. Hang tight to your family and call somebody you haven't talked to in a while to tell them you love them. That helped me a lot.

Take care.
C

--
Sent from my Treo

2 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Being that we have both lost a parent, I can only feel for BM right now. We both know how it feels.
Be safe coming home.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

Thanks so much, C. you are very kind. It's hard, but, I know I have a lot of friends out there.

Please resume smart alec-ness at your leisure, I'd like to know about your trip.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home