Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Won't You Let Me Take You on a Sea Cruise

I'm on the board of the southeastern region of the American Advertising Federation. Many of my friends and members of our industry were severely affected last year by Katrina. Advertising and media have had a really tough time bouncing back and figuring out strategies for recovery as the population and tourism trickles back into the Gulf Coast.

So how are we celebrating the one year anniversary of Katrina? That's right, we're having our annual Leadership Convention on one of the FEMA cruise ships that was docked in New Orleans. I'm driving to Mobile today to board the oldest, smallest ship in the Carnival fleet, the Holiday. Picture Tunica insead of Vegas.

I'm not sure whether the irony of this is intentional and reverential or just damned unfortunate. Either way, I have to go represent the state at the District board meeting, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

Think good thoughts and wish Tropical Storm Debbie away for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home