Friday, September 15, 2006

The Better Part of Valor

I really respect Kat Coble's concept of "no delete" posts. It takes a lot of courage to just plunge ahead without self-editing. I've never been much of an editor, myself. As a history major in college, my idea of a rough draft was before I had run the spell check. Then I printed it out and turned it in.

I try not to edit myself too much in life, either. I do recognize that there is a line of propriety and common decency. Sometimes, when the light is just right and I carne my neck just so, I can barely make that line out in my rear view mirror.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...great concept...til you log in with a snoot full and post some drivel! I've now made a rule *no posting while drunk*. So far, so good.

SaraSue.com

1:58 AM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

The problem with the "no delete" posts I do is that they all sound like I'm drunk.

The sad thing is that I'm always stone cold sober when writing them.


Send help.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

I'm an "edit" whore. If I post something and it sucks, I change it. I'm not too proud to admit my writing sometimes tends toward the dreadful. Editing is not frequent, but it does happen.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home