Monday, November 27, 2006

Cyber Babble

Today's Tennessean includes what must be their umpteenth "Parent's Guide to NetLingo and CyberSpeak" in an attempt to educate (panic) parents about what their children are thumbtyping into their cell phones. Not only is this redundant and outdated, it's not even informative as the only actual acronyms which they listed were:

LOL Laugh out loud
LOLA Laugh out loud again
BRB Be right back
TTYL Talk to you later
POS Parents over shoulder
TDTM Talk dirty to me
IWSN I want sex now

Illuminating work. I'm tired of seeing the same stuff over and over again. I know that internet safety is an important issue for parents, but I think BusyMom's primer is a lot more valuable than this crap.

And also, it's not just tweenagers and perverts texting each other anymore. What about the rest of us more erudite chatters? I offer for your edification, The Nashville Bloggers Guide to Cyberspeak.

KYRAR Kerry, your ribs are ready
GGAG Gunnar's got a gun
BLM Brittney linked me!
TSJMFOU The Scene just made fun of us
BWMGCA Butcher wrecked my goddamn car again
SGAR Sista's got a recipe!
C/S/MHAFUN CeeElCee/Smiley/McCeemey has an f'd up name
WJDYM Which Jag do you mean?
WRDYM Which Rex do you mean?
DMWDN Don't mess with Dork Nation
OSN Or Sarcastro neither
EAU Edna's acting up
PWSRTLOTDATBEAACTROVTIITOAMHAUB Perhaps we should raise the level of this debate above the base emotional argument and consider the ramifications of viewing the issue in terms of a more holistic and universal basis.
YSLNB You spell like Nemesis Boy
KSB Kat scratches back
BMAK BusyMom's at Krystal's

10 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Brilliant!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

CLCITF

12:13 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

LOLBEUCBTDCWGA -

laugh out loud but end up coughing because the damn cold won't go away

ugh, my head hurts.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Speaking of ribs, I .... FARTED (Finished And Ready To Eat Dessert)

You're a bad influence, Mr. C...

4:02 PM  
Blogger Holiday Grinch said...

URFF

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

IPMARY

I pee'd myself again reading you.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

You ain't right, Smiley.
EAU sounds like an organization that spreads good cheer globally.
Edna spread no good cheer.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

spreads, rather

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone else have a sudden craving for Alpha Bits?

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And there's always ICFMWB: I can't find my white belt.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home