Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Slightly More Constructive Day

Well, I actually accomplished something today. Since I woke up this morning, I’ve managed to:

1.) Hike around my property and check out the north forty. (Okay, the north four…)
2.) Drive in to Winchester to the Tractor Supply to buy materials to build a pistol range tomorrow.
3.) Do a little a on the way. Yeah, I’m a nerd. You already knew that.
4.) Build a new composting pen for the tons of leaves I plan to move around this winter.
5.) Actually rake up some of those leaves so that at least they’ll stop holding all the moisture on my dry-rotting porches.
6.) Hike the old Goat Track railroad trail around Sewanee.
7.) Take my garbage and recycling to the Convenience Center.
8.) Make it back to the cabin in time to pop open a nice cold beer and share it with you, Gentle Reader.

Now there’s nothing left to do but wait for RUABelle to bring Nervous Nellie the pudelhund and our buddy Mistersippi up for the rest of the week. I’m guessing traffic out of Nashville may be a bit gnarly, so I’m not holding my breath. I have provisions to last at least a few days. Longer if I’m willing to eat the suspect frozen burritos and potted meat food product we’ve had since we bought the place.

Tomorrow is power tool day, so if you don’t hear from me it means I probably cut off my typing hand. Send help.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then...since you're so productive, hows about you come help me clean up my kitchen?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

I have thought it many times before but just had to post this time and say how much I enjoy your posts when you're in Sewanee. I spent part of every summer and fall on the Mountain for 13 years, up thru college days, and I just love reading your Sewanee updates. I know you appreciate your place up there but appreciate it some more 'cos I'm totally jealous of you having a place to go to up there all the time. Enjoy your week, I'm sure it's gloriously beautiful there this week!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Power tools?
Are you nuts?
Drink a beer for me after using said power tools.
I will have two for you!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errr, errr. Tool Time!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home