Monday, November 13, 2006

The Dry Spot Sellz Out

Well, it seems everybody else is trying to make money off of these here innernet tubez, so I figured why not Mr. Cee as well? But I like to pretend that one of the reasons why I do all this writing (typing?) is in an effort to actually get paid to write, not just to attract folks to the site so they can click through an ad for weight loss products and various enlargement creams, (As an aside, if I rubbed hoodia and member enlargement cream on my John Thomas at the same time, would they cancel each other out? I think they would.)

Anyway, I’d rather get paid for voicing my own twisted opinions and sharing them with the tens of voracious readers that stumble drunk across this site in the middle of the night looking for information on false syphilis tests and kahlua and breast milk. And thanks to a suggestion by my buddy at fishwreck, I may have discovered just the site which will allow me to do that.

ReviewMe.com is a place where bloggers (that’s you and me kiddies) can sign up and be paid to publish reviews of various products. Advertisers can troll through lists of blogs by category and request specific bloggers to review their products. They pay between $40 and 5400 to ReviewMe.com for each review and then the website splits that with the reviewer in the form of a monthly check or a PayPal deposit.

In the interest of fair disclosure, I’m even getting paid for this review of ReviewMe.com. They’re all about fair disclosure over there and expect all reviewers to notify readers that these are paid reviews. But there is no obligation to write favorable stuff. They expect bad reviews as well and will still owe money even if you don’t like the product you are assigned.

So what do I (or you) have to lose? If you’re opinionated, verbose and have at least a few live eyes looking at your site, run on over to www.ReviewMe.com for a looksee. It might be a way to earn some beer money until their venture capital money runs out.

For more info, go here.

Update--Kerry Woo is absolutely correct that they ask for an SSN on a non-encrypted site. This is worrisome and should be corrected in my opinion. I would recommend sending it to them in two separate emails to at least make it a little more difficult to hack. Nothing is foolproof. I've had to give my SSN to any employer I've ever worked for and I'm sure that some of the HR folks who saw my form could have copied it down at any point. It's the risk of working in a computerized society.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kerry Woo said...

You know that they ask you to enter in your SSN on a unsecured site.

Judie Huges reviewed the site at her blog: http://geardiary.com/?p=690

Let me know how it working for you.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely interested. I do occasional product reviews on my blog (unpaid, but I get to keep the products of course.)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

I want to sell out too, but with my luck these folks would want me to wear coconut smelling deodorant or wear really tight disco spandex underwear that has clamps in them.
My luck.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Angella said...

Shucks, you sold out? Well, I am only jealous, because I am lucky to blog, let alone have readers. LOL. Good luck. Even lil ol' me visited the site.

Give dude his $250!!!! (seriously, good fortune to ya!)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

That looks like a good thing, but the fact that they require my SSN (and don't give a reason for it) makes me kinda leery, even though they've put the sign-up page on a secure server now.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home