Thursday, December 14, 2006

The 12 Days of Blogger Christmas (Day 4)

Rex, Rex, Rex L. Camino.

How you vex, vex, vex the amino

Acids coursing through my brain,

Connecting synapses-bringing me pain

As coffee shoots out through my nose

On my keyboard-on my clothes.

Giggles pealing through my head

Chortling at what I just read.

Coworkers checking in on me,

"Are you alright? Did you just pee

Your pants, you silly little twit?"

"No, I've been slain by Rex's wit."

"Well, shut the hell up. It's hard to work.

And blog on your own time you selfish jerk."

"I quit then! Take this job and shove it!

I'll stay at home, read Rex and love it."

To Mr. Camino I offer this rhyme.

I may be broke, but I have my time.

5 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

this poem has the wit of lee trevino,
and the funk of ton' loc's medinO..

I sit at the feet of the master, gazing upward, wondering if those nose hairs are going to be as gray as the beard...

Your poetry canon is beyond words to describe.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Wow. I'm honored, CLC. That was beautiful, and it's good to finally have something to carve on the ol' tombstone.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

CLC,
I'm worried about your mind.
However, I agree with your sly words.
And Tombstone worthy.
Cool Beans, dude.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm going to be able to get "Rex, Rex, Rex L. Camino" and "vex, vex, vex the amino" out of my head anytime soon... help.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo for not rhyming the word "sex" one time in that tribute! You are the man, man!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home