Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Desperately Seeking Szechuan

I leave tomorrow on a eight day trip to China via Macon, GA. Apparently you can't get to Shanghai without going through Macon.

Actually, I have a three day conference in Georgia followed by a middle of the night drive to the Atlanta airport, a flight to Shanghai via Denver and Los Angeles and several trips to various locations in China via smaller air carriers that have their overhead compartments segregated into "carry-on baggage" and "poultry."

The whole trip will cover 15 different time zones in a little over a week. So my query to you, oh loyal and disturbed readers, is whether anybody has any tips for getting through such a stupid boondoggle of a trip. I hate to miss the Predators playoff run, so root them on for me. But if any one leg of the trip over gets delayed by an hour, I'm screwed anyway, and I'll probably be camping out in LAX for a week.

I'm sure I'll be able to post from Macon. From China, not so much...

Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

Best of luck. I had enough problems with returns out of Europe. I can't imagine China. Tips?

1. Benedryl.
2. Bubblegum.
3. iPod with a good book or three loaded on board.

Do you have a Sino-American coordinator you work with? I've heard they make it easier, if only by providing the illusion of making it easier.

4:48 PM  
Blogger bridgett said...

Use this:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/drsleep/public/en_us

No, really. It sounds goofy, but it works.

9:47 PM  
Blogger saraclark said...

Mmmm bubble tea or as they call it "pearl tea". Jasmine flavored with lots of black tapioca "pearls". Sounds disgusting but it's really good and chewy too.

I have a friend who travels to China frequently for business and I find it so funny that he hates chinese food. His partners always make it a point to get him American or European style food as much as possible over there. I tease him mercilessly.

Going to see Leopold and Vokoun tonight for the radio show at Blackstone, I'll let them know you're going out of town.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home