Monday, August 28, 2006

Apparently, It's a Motif

88 miles later in Blount City, Al-another Stuckey's stop. (I'm traveling with the TBC-Tiny Bladder Club.)

Another stuffed cat on the counter and a stuffed dog on top of the nasty hot dog machine that turns the pork tubes over and over on a bunch metal rollers covered with 10-W-40. Truly unfortunate.

Despite conventional wisdom, travelers visiting a Stuckey's should leave their pets in the car when stocking up on pecan pies and misogynist bumper stickers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Larry said...

I have never known the wonderment that is the 'Stuckey'.

I'm a Cracker Barrel man.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Sharon Collie said...

When we were traveling last weekend, I explained to my kids that Cracker Barrel has pretty much become this generation's Stuckey's. You don't see a whole lot of Stuckey's anymore. I guess they're all in Alabama.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Kerry Woo said...

I myself too have never seen the shadow of a 'Stuckey". 'Country Crock' aka 'Cracker Barrel' is giving way to the 'Golden Corral'. You could try some Waffle House (smokers welcome!) for their delicious colon cleansing chilli.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home