Monday, August 28, 2006

Sweet Home

From the "Only in Alabama" department...

On the way home from the ship, we stopped for a bio-break at a Stuckey's in Verbena, Alabama. As we entered the store I felt something vaguely disquieting. I couldn't put my finger on it until we approached the counter to pay for our pecan logs.

Oh that's it. There's a stuffed cat and a stuffed schnauzer on the counter. Ex-pets, we discovered.

"Hello, is this the Alabama Department of Health and Sanitation? Oh, you're on a four-year backlog? Never mind."

3 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

which reminds me of a favorite joke...what do you call a person in Alabama who owns both a cat AND a dog...?

Bi-sexual.

Good to see you back!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

That's just freakin' creepy, even if it weren't a foodservice establishment. I've never understood the type of person who could have such a monstrosity around them all the time.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

Now THAT is funny! I didn't realize that Stuckeys still has stores.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home