Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What Kind of Wack Job Am I?

Yeah, you guessed it. I'm at a three-day conference at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, home of Irv and Saul and the early bird special at Luby's before a rousing game of backgammon, a suspenseful episode of Matlock and the sweet sleep of pre-death as the Weather Channel drones on with the sleep timer of the television. Sounds perfect for me, doesn't it?

Yet I chose to leave this 5 star resort to drive an hour south to an oyster/sports bar in a Best Western so I could meet two old friends and watch Florida kick that Buckeye ass in the BCS Championship Game. And I loved it!

Youth is wasted on the young and luxury is wasted on the classless. Yup, that's me...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Party animal... :p

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"boca raton", literally, "the mouth of the rat". Strange name for such a beautiful and luxurious place. I've only been there once, but it is amazing!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what exactly is the point of the Weather Channel in Boca? Low of 75, high of 85, 70% chance of showers this afternoon. Day after day after day.

My stepmother and I snuck into the resort once. It was fun.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE hurry home. I'm missing your stories of adventure, dude.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home