Thursday, December 21, 2006

The 12 Days of Blogger Christmas (Day 11)

The naming of Kat is a difficult thing
With so many choices to choose
To find the right name that has the right ring
I really don't think I can lose.

Libertarian, knitter, bunco group leader,
Wife, friend, pet owner and daughter,
Talented writer, voracious reader
Of Atticus, Frodo and Potter.

Katherine, Katy, Kathy or Kay,
Zevon fan, graphic designer.
I get less done in a whole day
Than she does from her recliner.

Of course it's not fair to compare me to her
And all of her Hogwart-like powers.
When I'm abed and have ceased to stir,
She uses all twenty-four hours.

Renaissance woman, forensic foe,
Moral compass of NiT.
Editrix, KC, Ren* and K-Co.
*"Kather-Ren," not "and Stimpy."

Too many names. I can't settle on one.
It's taken me down to the mat.
So after all of this exercise's done,
I'm honored to know her as Kat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Especially for the Zevon mention. ;=p

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one...you are so good at this!

10:53 AM  
Blogger John H said...

i think the NIT and Stimpy rhyme puts this one over the top.

Congrats Ceeelcee. You are raising the bar so high, not many can even SEE it.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful again! I am breathlessly awaiting in anticipation of the big finish (and already know who it will be, tee hee)...!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home