Thursday, January 18, 2007

Live Blogging the Windows Vista Launch Event

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Oh, sorry. Was I snoring? Damn these chairs at the Opryland Hotel are hard.

2 hours into the afternoon and I think I have Adolph Gates' strategy figured out. Take all the cool features from Mac OS10 and rename them. "They aren't widgets! We call them gadgets." Oh, sorry. My bad. "I know it looks like a dock, but we call it arrow" Uh huh.

The other strategy is to copy one of the most useful universal utilities, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and install Microsoft's proprietary version built in as part of the operating system. They want you to use .xps files instead of .pdf. It smacks of anti-trust to me and I seem to remember it cost Microsoft a few billion (with a b) when they steamrolled Netscape the same way a few years ago.

Lastly, I recommend you invest in memory chip manufacturers cuz this sumbitch hogs some CPU. Don't even think of installing this behemoth without a gig of RAM.

The highlight so far has been when the perky Microsoft demo dude was showing 200 of us a security feature and killed his mouse. Dance, nerd, dance!

This might effectively end my career as a tech reviewer, but I favor truthiness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

You KNOW I love you for this, right?

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home