Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day 4 Without Caffeine...

...and really, why go on?

But my BP's down twenty points, so that must be worth something.

And what's with all the media outlets suddenly panicking about "black guys?" That's all I heard on the news last night and this morning.

"Beware of black guys!"

"Conditions are right for black guys to appear almost anywhere tonight and early in the morning, especially in the outlying areas of Nashville."

"Be careful because you might find yourself rounding a corner and suddenly encounter black guys when it's too late to react."

Worst of all, Channel 4 sent Larry Flowers to do a live remote somewhere to warn us about this problem with black guys. I think that's wholly inappropriate. Especially on MLK Day. Can't we all just get along?

Oh, what's that? "Black ice?" What the hell is black ice?

Never mind.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

clc, this one made my caffeinated beverage spew out of my face.

chris here, friend of the sista.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehehehe. I second the spew, or at least a near spew.

OK, I feel your pain on the lack of caffeine. I spent my entire life practically drinking coffee all morning then multiple cokes the rest of the day, until about a decade ago when I switched to coffee round the clock.

But since I work in the health care specialty that involves that system I can say that yes, that's the first thing they make you do. Cut out or cut back caffeine.

I should probably cut back already since my mom has a heart disorder and there's rampant heart disease in both sides of my family. One of these days they're going to make me and I'm going to be miserable. You have every bit of my sympathy and all the support I can muster (while I drink my first morning cup of coffee)...

8:39 AM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

*puts fingers in ears and says "I can't hear you, I can't hear you" about the caffeine*

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My man Al Gore should add footage to An Inconvenient Truth regarding how global warming is threatening the existence of black guys.

1:15 PM  
Blogger John H said...

tanks for the laugh.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a very similar exchange on my blog. Good show.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home