Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Liveblogging from the #18 Elm Hill Pike Bus

So I've been trying to ride the bus to work once a week. It's actually two buses to anywhere in Nashville unless you live or work downtown. (Which I don't.)

My normal commute is less than 10 miles and generally takes about fifteen minutes. Even though I drive an eight year old SUV, at $5.00 per day, the MTA bus isn't any cheaper and takes three times as long.

But I think it's an important gesture to make, and my employees think it is hilarious to see one of the owners of the company walking a few blocks to stand at the bus stop on the corner. I'm hoping I can change a few attitudes.

Or maybe I'm just peculiar.

But I figure it should provide some good blog fodder.

Ralph Cramden, out.
--
Sent from my Treo

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Collie said...

What is with you? First it was platelets now bus riding to set an example...YOU WON THE SHORT & FAT DATE!!!! You don't hafta keep making the rest of us look like gas guzzling, platelet hogs. Sheesh.

8:46 AM  
Blogger ceeelcee said...

Oink, oink.

Not everybody on the bus is a saint. Just this morning, some old coot leaned across the aisle to a shy Muslim woman with her head covered and asked loudly and slowly, "Do...You...Speak...English?"

She nodded her head yes.

He said, "Good!"

9:16 AM  
Blogger saraclark said...

Ok, are you Athens or Dennis? I think I am in your same business.

9:58 AM  
Blogger ceeelcee said...

Hi Sara,

Uh oh, I've been outed.

I'm at the big A. And I'm supposed to be working right now.

Where are you? Drop me an email to thedryspot at gmail dot com.

C

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'll go with "just peculiar."

Brave effort, tho. I applaud you putting your convictions into action.

3:56 PM  
Blogger saraclark said...

Edit me and delete me. I don't mind. Going offline.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Ummm, are you still on the bus or waiting downtown to transfer? Because we could pick you up and take you to work. Is the MTA anything like Greyhound?

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home