Friday, September 22, 2006

Reality Bites!

I'm kinda hit and miss with which reality shows I watch. But I always catch Survivor and The Amazing Race. I've noticed a disturbing trend so far this year.

In the first week and a half, Survivor has voted off the big fat black guy and the big fat Hispanic guy. The Amazing Race has eliminated the Muslim team and the Hindu team. I know the producers brought this on themselves by how they set up and segregated the teams, but I smell something fishy.

Oh yeah, I guess I should have said: ***Spoiler Alert*** but what the hell, this all happened over the last ten days and it's not my fault if you can't keep up with your TiVo.

On a semi-related note, RUABelle and I were talking about end of life issues. I specifically told her I didn't want to spend my life in a vegetative state, dependent on a machine and living on fluids. And then she had the nerve to turn off the TV, throw away my beer and kick my ass off the couch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Actually, last night I had two Tivos going while I was out drinking ... umm... iced tea.
Anyway, the sister that you know asked me a question about one of those shows in question.
Her quote:
"I wonder if CLC's life is like Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company in Scranton like The Office."
I said, "I do not know."
So you were discussed last night as your beer was being thrown away and you were being kicked off your couch.
Happy Thoughts, Smiley.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Smiley, time to go buy some flowers... again.

3:09 PM  
Blogger bridgett said...

You needed to use the word "persistent." If you occasionally get up to take a leak, you should be set.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! Great post!

sarasue.com

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home