Friday, December 22, 2006

The 12 Days of Blogger Christmas (Day 12)

"Of the Good"

A woman of uncommon beauty

uncharacteristically silent

stands in the kitchen drinking coffee

in a house where her mother

once was

staring at where a tree

once was

wondering what

once was

will be.



Her shoulders bow

under the weight of a self-imposed load.

She bears it gracefully.

Usually.

Few know the gravity

beneath the levity.



A pink tongue tickles her exposed ankle.

A strong, soft hand touches her neck.

Neither startles her.

Instead she cocks her head to the side,

Trapping long fingers between her shoulder

and her curly locks.

"Let's go upstairs."

sigh.

5 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

damn. eloquent.

BRAVO!!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfection. And, of course, Mabel.

Take a bow, my friend, you have done a mighty fine job these 12 days!!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sweet thing. I want to say more but it's none of my business. But well said.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Wow.
I mean wow.
*sigh*

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me cry! I second the BRAVO!

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home